At Progressive Audio, we advocate for safer driving and have numerous products, combined with professional installation, that accomplish that endeavor. Driver safety for us is not just a buzz word; it’s a commitment to enhancing our customers’ driving experience. Check out the many ways we can ensure a safer time behind the wheel.
Reverse safety cameras
Although many new vehicles already come with a camera that displays what’s behind you when in reverse, the majority of cars do not have this important safety feature. The good news is we can add this to virtually any type of vehicle besides just passenger cars, including trucks, RVs and commercial vehicles. Depending on your vehicle and whether or not there is an existing LCD screen in the vehicle, you have options for both the camera and the display of the camera’s image.
- Factory-fit, vehicle-specific cameras – these cameras are intended to install where the factory rear view camera goes on vehicles where that was included as an option. They fit and function just like a factory installed camera and are designed to resist the harsh elements of rain, snow and direct sun. This is a popular way to add a camera to your car if it did not come with that option, yet it was available your make/model. In some vehicles, if you did not order the vehicle with the factory reverse camera option, you can’t even add it at the dealership afterwards even if you wanted to. This is why at Progressive Audio we have the most comprehensive solutions for factory-fit, vehicle specific cameras available.
- Application-based cameras – these cameras come in many styles and intended applications such as for SUV and hatchback cars, trucks with tailgates and high ground clearance, Class A and C RVs, as well as many other applications. All cameras we offer are weatherproof and deliver good image resolution in both daylight and darkness. We can show you all your options right in our comfortable, well-appointed showroom.
Video Display Options
A reverse safety camera is half the equation. Each installation still requires a method of viewing the reverse camera image. Some of the popular choices are:
- Use the factory in-dash LCD screen (where applicable)
- Rear view mirror with integrated LCD screen
- Dedicated separate screen mounted in view of the driver
- Aftermarket video head unit with integrated LCD screen
If you lack a method of displaying a reverse camera image easily or just prefer a more simple proximity warning system, we can install reverse sensor systems that emit audible beeps when you get close to an object. More rapid beeping indicates the object is closer. The sensors we offer fit flush in the rear bumper and look very much like the factory installed reverse sensor systems.
Already have a factory reverse camera?
We can also integrate with an existing reverse camera and proximity sensor systems when changing the factory radio to one of our technology equipped aftermarket head units. Our head units feature audio/video inputs and outputs to ensure we can retain the functionality of factory safety equipment so your existing features work as they should.
Lane departure and blind spot warning
Some of the newest technology in safety system products includes lane departure and blind spot warning systems. These systems are increasingly being used in privately-owned cars and trucks, but also in many commercial vehicle applications. Any business doing deliveries, transportation or other activities that put drivers on the road are excellent candidates to consider the benefits (and potential insurance savings) from lane departure and blind spot warning systems.
Driver safety at Progressive Audio
Not sure what is appropriate or available for your vehicle? No problem. Visit or contact us today and one of our system design experts will assist you in learning more about increasing the safety of your driving experience with high-quality products we install.