It’s cold and rainy outside. Who the heck wants to go out and warm up the car? With a remote car starter from Progressive Audio, you’ll not answer that question ever again. We expertly install solutions to get your car’s engine started remotely, often from distances well beyond a mile away if you wish. It’s the perfect way to ensure you enter a comfortable, ready-to-drive car.
Remote car starter considerations
For any vehicle to remotely start and run, we must emulate what conditions exist when you normally start the car. At the same time, we must consider the security of maintaining locked doors and the safety of preventing it from driving away with unauthorized entry. These are all aspects of the remote car starter installation details that our expert installation technicians understand how to implement in your specific vehicle. Here are some examples of aspects our technicians must consider:
- Coded transponder keys – some of the considerations are that these keys require emulation without adding or losing physical key operation. Many times when adding a new electronic signature of a key to the car, it drops one or more keys from the authorized use. Our technicians know how to avoid this, in most cases without you needing to supply a second key.
- Push button start vehicles – many newer vehicles omit a key switch and use a key fob and push button starter combination. We know how to correctly interface into these vehicle systems so that when you get in the vehicle, the remote starter knows an authorized user has entered the car and you’re able to operate the car normally.
- Hybrid and fully electric vehicles – we can install a remote starter on a hybrid vehicle that has a combination gasoline engine and electric motor for propulsion, or a fully electric vehicle. Even if you need not warm up the engine to drive the car, the cabin still needs to be pre-warmed (or cooled) and we know the correct installation methods to achieve this without affecting the on-board high voltage systems common in these vehicles.
- Monitor hood, doors, trunk/hatch, brakes and engine speed – all of the systems we install monitor multiple aspects of the vehicle’s entry points, brake system and engine to ensure it’s running when it should and, as a safety, is permitted from running when it should not. It’s particularly important to ensure no engine running while the engine compartment is open because a mechanic’s hands could be in or around the motor. Our installation process ensures safety and avoids those potential accidents.
- Add convenience features – we can easily add additional convenience features that your vehicle already includes to populate the keychain remote with more functionality. Examples are door lock/unlock, trunk or hatch release, sliding van side door open/close, power window or sunroof control and many others. If it’s an electronic feature already in your car, chances are we can activate it from the keychain remote. Ask any one of our expert system designers for more details.
Range and confirmation
Most of the remote car starter systems we offer have considerably greater range than any factory-installed remote starter. It’s not uncommon for our 2-way systems to have up to a mile of range, which includes something the factory-installed systems don’t; confirmation of starting and status back at your keychain remote. This means you have confirmation of the car remote starting, as well as a number of other system-dependent attributes. Many systems can display the time it’s been running, the vehicle or outside temperature and much more.
The ultimate in range is controlling your vehicle’s remote starter from your smartphone. We offer subscription-based systems that add the smartphone app and supporting hardware we install in your vehicle. This supporting hardware receives and sends commands or confirmations to your smartphone. As long as you have a cellular data or WiFi signal, you can start your vehicle from anywhere in the world.
Every car is different
The fact is each vehicle requires a different series of installation processes and hardware. We offer only the highest-quality remote starter and interface products available. As we do many remote car starters at Progressive Audio, we are experts in knowing what works best in your specific vehicle, as well as the fun and convenient add-ons that you can explore. We want you to be so impressed with your remote starter that you share your positive experience with all your family, friends and colleagues. Visit, call, or Contact Us today to learn more about what we can offer for your specific vehicle. Next time you avoid getting soaked running in and out of a cold car to start it in the morning, you’ll thank yourself you called us.